Interested in Research?
Current Openings: Clinical Study Nurse
Innovate Clinical Centres is a dedicated clinical research facility that offers contract research services for the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries. Our primary goal is to provide cutting edge drug and treatment options for our patients.
We are currently seeking a casual flex-time Clinical Study Nurse to start immediately. This position is ideal for someone looking for a flexible work schedule or is recently retired. This position has potential for part-time or full-time in the future.Job Description:
This exciting opportunity involves the right candidate working with the Innovate team in the clinical study center division. The Clinical Study Nurse, under the guidance and supervision of the Principal Investigator and Clinical Operations staff, ensures the integrity and quality of clinical trials are maintained and conducted in accordance with federal, provincial and local regulations. This position is primarily responsible for the accurate completion of visit procedures and collection of information from study patients.Essential Functions:
- Ensures compliance with each study’s protocol by providing thorough review and documentation at each subject study visit
- Assist in recruitment of study participants via analysis of databases, prescreening and other related activities as required
- Review study participants’ medical history for inclusion/exclusion criteria, assist with informed consent process, and explain study to participants in easily understandable plain terms
- Performs research related clinical activities including, but not limited to, vital signs, phlebotomy and electrocardiograms
- Administers investigational medications and performs patient assessments during clinic visits to determine presence of side effects; notifies Principle Investigator of findings/issues and maintains complete source documentation
- Act as liaison between sponsor, investigator and other regulatory bodies as required
Candidates must fulfill ALL of the following requirements:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, current active registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as an LPN or RN.
- At least 1-year of clinical trials experience is preferred
- Experience in psychiatry is considered an asset
- Detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work
- Must have professional demeanor, strong communication skills with the public as well as physicians and co-workers
- Ability to work well independently as well as in team environment
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and multi-tasking skills are critical
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel, electronic health systems and databases used in research environment, or have a willingness to learn and demonstrate proficiency
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and manage deadlines
Applications are screened as they are submitted and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in Innovate Clinical Center. This posting will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. No phone calls please.
To be considered for an interview, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Date you are able to start